The Weapons Development Board was a collegial body in the Royal Manticoran Navy with the purpose overseeing projects for, and recommending deployment of, the development of new weapons, weapon systems, or armanent schema for the Navy and the Royal Manticoran Marine Corps. In some way it was a part of BuShips or was supported by BuShips. It was, however, officially part of BuWeaps.
Succesful projects made significant inpact on naval war doctrine.
Grav lance Edit
FTL communication Edit
Missile pods Edit
- Reintroducing missile pods use (for massive first salvo).
- Construction of platforms suitable for continuous fire with missile pods. (HH6, HH7, HH9)
Known members Edit
- Admiral Sonja Hemphill, chairman - 1901 PD (HH1)
- Commodore Andrew Yerensky - 1901 PD (HH1)
- Commodore Antoinette Lemaitre - 1905 PD (HH4)
- Commodore Honor Harrington (HH7)
- ↑ According to a statement from Commodore Yerensky. (HH1)