Timothy Zahn (born 1 September 1951) is a writer of science fiction short stories and novels. His novella Cascade Point won the 1984 Hugo Award. He is known for the Thrawn Trilogy, three Star Wars novels taking place after Return of the Jedi. He also wrote the Dragonback series and the popular Conquerors trilogy.
Zahn wrote the short story "With One Stone" for the anthology The Service of the Sword. A follow-up story, "An Act of War", was included in the fifth anthology, In Fire Forged, and a third one, A Call To Arms, was published in the sixth anthology, Beginnings.
In November 2012, Zahn announced that he and David Weber were working on the first book of a new Honorverse spin-off trilogy, set in the early days of the Star Kingdom of Manticore and centered on a new character named Travis Long. It is scheduled to be released in the fall of 2014.
Work (Honorverse only) Edit
Short Stories Edit
- "With One Stone" in The Service of the Sword (2003)
- "An Act of War" in In Fire Forged (2011)
- "A Call to Arms" in Beginnings (2013)
- A Call to Duty, with David Weber
- A Call to Arms, with David Weber and Tom Pope (coming 6 October 2015)
- A Call to Vengeance, with David Weber and Tom Pope (expected 2017)