Task Group 3021 was independent tactical unit of the Solarian League Navy's Frontier Fleet.
In 1921 PD, after the Battle of Monica, Task Group 3021 was moved to the Madras Sector. Admiral Byng visited the Republic of Monica with two squadrons to "show the flag", while Battlecruiser Squadron 201 was split to visit other independent Verge systems.
- See: New Tuscany Incident
After the Royal Manticoran Navy's Tenth Fleet's arrival at New Tuscany on November 17th, Admiral Byng refused to surrender his ships temporarily in order to perform an inquiry concerning the destruction of the RMN destroyers. Task Group 3021 was forced to surrender, when the Royal Manticoran Navy showed its combat superiority and destroyed SLNS Jean Bart with Admiral Joseph Byng and his staff aboard.
After the surrender, the RMN confiscated one Nevada-class and one Indefatigable-class unit for intelligence purposes and disarmed the remaining Solarian ships by blowing out their main computers. That immobilized the remained units of the Battlecruiser Squadrons 112 and 302 in the New Tuscany System. Battlecruiser Squadron 201 remained unaffected, as it was not present in the New Tuscany System at the time. In the Meyers System it was incorporated into Task Force 496.
Order of battle Edit
- Battlecruiser Squadron 112, CO Rear Admiral Evelyn Sigbee
- Battlecruiser Squadron 201 - CO Rear Admiral Gordon Nelson
- Battlecruiser Squadron 302, CO Rear Admiral Liam Chang
- a destroyer squadron
The task group was supported by at least three dispatch boats.
Admiral Byng's staff Edit
The original staff of TG 3021 was comprised of the following Battle Fleet officers:
- Rear Admiral Karlotte Thimár – chief of staff
- Captain Ingeborg Aberu – operations officer
- Captain Willard MaCuill – communications officer
- Captain Federico Schroeder – astrogator
- Captain Vladislava Jenkins – logistics officer, the only surviving member of the staff
- Commander Lennox Wysoki - intelligence officer
Rear Admiral Sigbee's staff Edit
- ↑ It is not certain if Frontier Fleet's Task Group 3021 was established with him as CO and his staff was very unusually originating from the Battle Fleet, or if Admiral Byng just replaced the former CO.
- ↑ All in all, the SLN lost three battlecruisers in the New Tuscany Incident.
- ↑ On the other hand it was possible Battlecruiser Squadrons 112 and 302 were reequipped with vessels from the Reserve
- ↑ initially probably 8 Nevada-class vessels, including: SLNS Jean Bart - task group flagship, SLNS Restitution - squadron flagship, and SLNS Impudent
- ↑ initially probably 9 Indefatigable-class vessels, including SLNS Resourceful
- ↑ Rampart-class, more than six according to Admiral Byng
- ↑ including Dispatch Boat 17702, CO Lieutenant Aloysius Gruner (HH12)
- ↑ not present on SLNS Jean Bart, when she was destroyed