Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Talbott Quadrant was the designation for the systems of the Talbott Cluster that had elected to join the Star Empire of Manticore following the discovery of the Lynx Terminus and the ratification of the Constitution of the Talbott Quadrant in the Constitutional Convention of 1921 PD.
Star Geography Edit
The Talbott Quadrant was composed of sixteen systems of the Talbott Cluster which agreed to join the Star Empire of Manticore under the terms established at the Talbott Constitutional Convention. As of 1921 PD, it included all the systems of the Cluster with the exception of New Tuscany and Lynx System.
The member systems and worlds of the Talbott Quadrant were:
- Celebrant System – Celebrant
- Dresden System – Dresden
- Mainwaring System
- Marian System
- Montana System – Montana
- Nuncio System – Pontifex and Basilica
- Pequod System
- Prairie System
- Redoubt System
- Rembrandt System – Rembrandt
- San Miguel System
- Scarlet System
- Spindle System – Flax, capital world
- Split System – Kornati
- Talbott System
- Tillerman System
As a member of the Star Empire of Manticore, the head of state of the Talbott Quadrant was the Manticoran monarch. In 1922 PD, Queen Elizabeth III, as "Empress Elizabeth I of the Star Empire of Manticore", was the Quadrant's formal head of state. (SI2, HH12)
The monarch appointed an Imperial Governor General to represent him or her in the Quadrant.
The government of the Quadrant was headed by a Prime Minister equal in status to the Prime Minister of the Star Kingdom of Manticore, and it incorporated several ministries in its cabinet. Talbott had a local Parliament located on the planet Flax. The franchise to elect members of the Quadrant Parliament was given under the same terms and conditions as the ones in the Star Kingdom. (SI2)
Offices and office holders Edit
As of 1921-1922 PD:
- Imperial Governor General for the Talbott Quadrant – Lady Dame Estelle Matsuko, Baroness Medusa
- Prime Minister of the Talbott Quadrant – Joachim Alquezar
- Minister of the Treasury – Samiha Lababibi
- Minister of War – Henri Krietzmann
- Minister of Industry - Antonio Clark
- Minister of the Interior - Clint Westman
- Special Minister without Portfolio – Bernardus Van Dort
- Talbott Cluster map at Baen Books via the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine
- Map of the Mesa region by David Weber