Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Talbott Constitutional Convention was a convention of representatives of all planetary governments of the Talbott Cluster, who met on the planet Flax to draft a common constitution for their unified star nations as an important step towards becoming part of the Star Empire of Manticore.
After the Cluster-wide plebiscite that showed large support of the annexation, the political elites of the entire Talbott Cluster met in the city of Thimble on Flax to work out the final draft for a unilateral constitution that would be submitted to Queen Elizabeth III and the Manticoran parliament.
However, the Constitutional Liberal Party, organized and led by Planetary President of Kornati Aleksandra Tonkovic, used delaying tactics which were threatening to derail not simply the Convention but the entire annexation effort. After Captain Aivars Terekhov of the Royal Manticoran Navy and Bernardus Van Dort informed the Kornatian Parliament of the Queen's ultimatum, the Split System changed its policy.
Following the ratification of the Constitution in January 1921 PD, the member systems, with the exception of New Tuscany, became the Talbott Quadrant, part of the newly formed Star Empire of Manticore. (SI2)
System representatives Edit
- Dresden — Henri Krietzmann
- New Tuscany — Andrieaux Yvernau
- San Miguel — Joachim Alquezar
- Spindle — President Samiha Lababibi
- Split — President Aleksandra Tonkovic
- Tillerman — Yolanda Harper
- ↑ Manticore would no longer consider itself bound to any agreement if a draft constitution was not voted on within 150 T-days; after that, Manticore would either withdraw the offer of annexation in its entirety or else submit a list of star systems which it would exclude from any future annexation, and the Split System would be on that list.