The Second Fleet was a fleet of the Royal Manticoran Navy, deployed to guard the Yeltsin's Star System in the early 1900s PD. It was the only known fleet-size picketing force guarding a member of the Manticoran Alliance.
- Admiral Sebastian D'Orville,
- Admiral White Haven - superseded D'Orville before Third Battle of Yeltsin's Star, when arrived with reinforcements.
- eight battle squadrons,
- reinforced by four superdreadnought squadrons,
- Grayson Space Navy's (light) units.
Beginning of the First Havenite War Edit
After the signing of the Alliance treaty between the Star Kingdom of Manticore and the Protectorate of Grayson, the Second Fleet was deployed in the Yeltsin's Star System to protect it from invaders as long as the units of the Grayson Space Navy were unfit to defend it themselves.. In anticipation of the impending First Havenite-Manticoran War, Second Space Lord Vice Admiral Patricia Givens suggested a plan to First Space Lord Admiral Sir Thomas Caparelli to deceive the People's Navy into believing the Second Fleet had sent four RMN battle squadrons to the Talbot System and entice the PN to attack Grayson. In fact, no forces left Grayson and four battle squadrons under Admiral White Haven were surreptitiously detached from Home Fleet. Lord Michael Mayhew, Protector Benjamin IX's heir approved the plan after consulting with Manticoran Prime Minister Allen Summervale. (HH3)
Third Battle of Yeltsin's Star Edit
Soon after, the Third Battle of Yeltsin's Star was fought, in which the People's Navy suffered a major defeat and lost a number of superdreadnoughts, eleven of which were given to the GSN as the Manticore's Gift-class. (HH3)
After 1905 PD Edit
It is not certain if the Second Fleet was disbanded or deactivated. After third battle of Yeltsin's Star the Second Fleet wasn't mentioned any more. In 1907 PD last RMN ships of the wall left the Home Fleet of the Grayson Space Navy. (HH3)
- ↑ including, HMS Queen Caitrin, Captain Frederick Goldstein commanding, Admiral White Haven's flagship
- ↑ According to Jayne's (vol. 1, Polish edition)
- ↑ Home Fleet, former First Fleet was based on the orbit of Manticore
- ↑ There is very little information concerning Second Fleet and the Third Battle of Yeltsin's Star. "Admiral D'Orville's Second Fleet" is only mentioned once in The Short Victorious War as a strong RMN picket force.