Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Plants were living organisms belonging to the biological kingdom Plantae. They include familiar organisms such as trees, herbs, bushes, grasses, vines, ferns, mosses, and green algae. About 350,000 species of plants were estimated to exist on Earth alone.
Most planets colonized by humanity either had their own plant life or had terran plants brought there.
List of Plants Edit
Crab poplar Edit
Crown blossom Edit
- This flower was native to the planet Manticore, and grew in the gardens of Mount Royal Palace. (HH11)
- This type of tree was native to the planet Sphinx. (HH3, HH8) The tree was one of the many preferred by the treecats. (HH3)
- This terran tree species that was brought along to Grayson by the original colonists. (HH5)
- The False-potato was a potatoe-like vegetable that grew on the Havenite prison planet Hades. While edible, long-term consumption resulted in mild brain damage. (HH8)
Hibson's orchid Edit
- Kudzu was an ubiquitous Earth plant (a climbing, coiling, and trailing vine) originally native to China and Japan, and was later known for its out-of-control growth in the American southeast. It was imported to the planet Grayson by the Reverend Austin Grayson and his followers. (HH8)
Manticoran cloud flower Edit
Manticoran squash Edit
Montana false-oak Edit
Mountain tulip Edit
- A tree growing on Sphinx, that spreads by sending out four shoots at right angles from a single nodal trunk. These shoots start at roughly 3-10 meters from the ground. A whole forest may be made out of one tree and it's many runners. These trees are able to dissolve cellulose between the healthy and diseased parts of itself. (HHA2.1: TS) The tree was one of a number of tree species preferred by the treecats. (HH3)
- Scietific name Neo-ulmus Sphinx. Six species known by 1520s PD. (SK3)
Purple thorn Edit
- A low, densely growing, thorned plant native to the planet Sphinx that was nearly impenetrable and almost impossible to eradicate. It had small, very bitter-tasting berries that were a necessary component of treecat diets, since the berries provided critical trace elements required for full development of their empathic abilities. It was scarce and hard to find and did not taste as good as celery. (HH10, SK3)
Shemak moss Edit
Sphinxian spike-blossom Edit
- The Sphinxian spike-blossom was one the plants native to Sphinx planted in the gardens at Harrington House on Grayson. (HH5)
Sphinxian near-pine Edit
Sugar pine Edit
- A tree native to the thick forests of the planet Halkirk in the Loomis System. (HH14)
Tangle vine Edit
- This vine-like plant was native to the planet Sphinx. (HH8)
- Tilik moss was native to the planet Medusa and was used in trade between the native Medusans as a spice. (HH1)
- Detailed article on plants on Wikipedia