The Native Protection Agency, or NPA, was Manticoran law enforcement agency on Medusa - resposible for protection of the Medusans. The Agency was subordinated to the Resident Commissioner for Planetary Affairs. (HH1)
NPA was the main police organization on Medusa, in fact, responsible for internal security there. Before 1900 PD, instead of the Royal Manticoran Navy, the Agency provided flight control around the planet, as well as customs service.
- See also: Basilisk Station#RMN duties
Mekoha lab Edit
Native uprising Edit
The NPA provided:
- basic protection for settlments and enclaves in Delta
- air reconnaissance (a recon skimmer with its crew was lost)
- support during the land battle in the Mossyback region
Senior officer of the Agency and his two deputies commanded a five-company field strength force, not including essential detachments.
- two boarding shuttles - on official equipment list
- three fleet pinnaces - since 1899 PD, unofficial acquisition
- armed skimmers
Commissioned officers Edit
- Major (NPA) Barney Isvarian - Commanding Officer
- Lieutenant (NPA) Frances Malcolm (†) - recon craft commander
- Sergeant (NPA) Jeff Hayabashi (†)
- Sergeant (NPA) Danforth
- Corporal (NPA) Truman (†)
- policeman Matt Howard (†)
- ↑ 55 dead, 6 six wounded, including 2 critically. Their 6 skimmers were also lost in the detonation. Matt Howard of the perimeter team was killed as well.