The Mesan Alignment Navy, or MAN, was the primary military force of the Mesan Alignment.
The MAN was the secret branch of the Alignment military, whose existence was unknown to anyone in the Galaxy save the population of the Darius System where the Navy's ships were designed and built, MAN personnel, and the leadership of the Alignment. Until the execution of Operation Oyster Bay, its existence was unsuspected by anyone else. It was completely separate and independent from the Mesan Space Navy, a relatively small conventionally armed and publicly known force. (SI2, CS1)
Implemented inventions Edit
It was not entirely clear whether the Mesan Alignment technology was manifestly superior to that of the Star Empire of Manticore. However, the MAN developed and implemented several drive and weapons technologies that the Manticorans not only did not have, but in many instances were not even aware of. The nature of these innovations profoundly affected the MAN's strategy and tactics:
- new drives, like:
- technologies concerning covert attack, like:
- modified missiles, like:
- the graser torpedo – a spider drive powered, and so effectively undetectable, missile supporting a novel application of the graser energy weapon; in its first implementation, it contained a very substantial computer capability, allowing for very long runs to target from distant launch points,
- the Cataphract quasi MDM missiles – large constructions based on Solarian League Navy shipkiller missiles supplemented with an additional anti-missile drive, but armed with a weaker laser head.
Naval forces directly controlled by the Mesan Alignment, built and generally stationed in the Darius System. Scout ships and their carriers before Operation Oyster Bay were stationed in the Mesa System.
Naval forces belonged to the star nations constituting the Mesan Alignment:
- Mannerheim System-Defense Force – the strongest one
- 10 other system navies
- See also: Mesan Naval Affairs
- Mesan Alignment Navy officers were clones and originated from Mesan alpha, beta and gamma lines. (SI2)
- Mesan Alignment Navy enlisted personnel were very likely members of slave lines settled in the the Darius System, where MAN was based (HH12)
Service record Edit
- Ghost-class – frigate-size scout ship
- fast battlecruiser class
- Shark-class – battleship-size training pod-laying strike ship
- Leonard Detweiler-class – large pod-laying strike ship (under construction in 1922 PD)
- scout carriers
|Mesan Starship Classes|