The Junction was discovered by the Manticorans in 1585 PD, after the Axelrod Corporation had tried to invade and the Manticoran authorities had discovered, in the taken ships' databases, that Axelrod had found proof for the wormhole's existence in the system. (Companion)
In 1900 PD, the wormhole junction was the primary reason for the People's Republic of Haven's decision to try and conquer the Basilisk Terminus. At the time, the Republic controlled the Trevor's Star Terminus, which was in Havenite space, and the possession of two Termini would make defense of the central node very difficult. (HH1, HH3)
Commercial and military use Edit
The junction was controlled by the Star Kingdom of Manticore; eventually this commercial advantage gave the Star Kingdom about seventy-eight percent of the gross system product of Earth's Solar System. The Royal Manticoran Navy patrolled the wormhole junction and manned the forts used to protect it from invasion or attack.
The Manticore Terminus was located in the Manticore-A System itself and was the central node of the Junction. All traffic necessarily passed through that node regardless of its destination.
- Basilisk Terminus – 210 ly to Galactic North of Manticore – located near the Basilisk System.
- Beowulf Terminus – 475 ly to the Galactic South – located near the Sigma Draconis System (co-managed with Beowulf, a member of the Solarian League)
- Gregor Terminus – 180 ly to the Galactic Northwest – located near the Gregor Binary System (since 1869 PD the system was partially controlled by the Anderman Empire).
- Hennesy Terminus – 712 ly to the Galactic Southeast – located in the Phoenix Cluster
- Lynx Terminus – 612 ly to the Galactic Southwest – located in the Talbott Cluster
- Matapan Terminus – 472 ly to the Galactic West – located near the Matapan System
- Trevor's Star Terminus – 210 ly to the Galactic Northeast - located near the Trevor's Star System
- ↑ The Gregor-B system was controlled by the Andermani, but the terminus and the star Gregor-A was controlled by the Manticorans.