Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Manticoran Alliance was a coalition of star nations neighboring the People's Republic of Haven, united under a defensive treaty established in the early 1900s PD. The Star Kingdom of Manticore initiated discussions toward such an alliance, and was its the strongest member, hence the commonly used name. Despite the fact that most other Alliance members were militarily weak when the Alliance was established, Manticore gained some strategical depth against Haven as well as broader basing possibilities.
Known members of the Manticoran Alliance were:
- the Star Kingdom of Manticore - later the Star Empire of Manticore (HH2, SI2)
- the Protectorate of Grayson (HH2)
- the Caliphate of Zanzibar – from 1903 PD (HH3)
- the Princedom of Alizon – from 1903 PD, Commodore Mark Sarnow talked Alizon into signing up with the Alliance (HH3)
- the star nation of Yorik – from 1903 PD (HH3)
- the star nation of Poicters - from 1904 or early 1905 PD (HH3)
- the Republic of Candor - from 1904 or early 1905 PD (HH3, HH5)
- the star nation of Zuckerman - refered in 1905 PD
- the star nation of Minette - referred to as an Alliance member in 1907 PD, (HH5)
- the star nation of Casca - in 1905 PD still not a member, but a member in 1907 PD, (HH3, HH5, HH7)
- the star nation of Idaho (HH13)
- the Republic of Erewhon – from the beginning of the war to 1920 PD
- the Andermani Empire – from 1920 PD (HH10)
In 1900 PD prospective minor Alliance members were in poor economic condition. Half of the Star Kingdom's allies were monarchies and boasted open, hereditary aristocracies. That's why Havenite propaganda called the smaller Alliance members "puppet regimes" of Manticore, a larger hereditary monarchy. (HH1, HH2, HH8, HH9)
Alliance space Edit
Before the war, the RMN established some stations and bases in the border space, besides systems belonging directly to members star nations. There were also some systems described as Alliance space, but it is not certain, if these systems belonged to any minor star nation.
- See: Alliance Space
Treaty of Alliance Edit
Probably there were several treaties of alliance or accession treaties signed with each Alliance member. It seems that a common part of those treaties was the Manticoran Alliance Charter. Some provisions refered to in books were as follows:
- The mutual defense clauses (HH10)
- Member systems defense responsibility provisions
- Provisions concerning wormholes:
- The general wormholes transfers provisions included in the Article XII of the Manticoran Alliance Charter: any treaty partner had free, unlimited and unrestricted access to the Manticore Wormhole Junction for all its warships; a formal notification of that intention was necessary
- Unannounced, emergency transits took absolute priority over all routine traffic
- Transit instructions were to be obtained from Astro Control Service
- Wormholes termini defense provisions
The letter of the treaties didn't forbid separate negotiations with hostile parties, which was exercised by the Manticoran government in 1915 PD. (HH9)
Allied forces Edit
The allied offensive forces, mainly Eighth Fleet, comprised of Manticoran, and, later, Grayson, Erewhonese and Andermani warships. Minor allied navies' duty generally was their home systems' defense. (HH7, HH8, HH11, infodump)
- the Royal Manticoran Navy
- the Grayson Space Navy
- the Erewhon Navy
- the Imperial Andermani Navy
- the Zanzibar System Navy
- the Alizon Space Navy
- the Casca Navy
Joint organizations Edit
- Allied Joint Chiefs, (HH8, HH9)
- the Joint Navy Military Transport Command, (HH7)
- the San Martin Reconstruction Commission, headed by Governor Winston Kershaw, (HH9)
- ↑ It included military clauses as well as economic provisions, signed by Captain Harrington on the Manticoran side at the request of the Protector. (HH2, HH10)
- ↑ While Talbott Quadrant affairs were detached from most events of the Second Havenite-Manticoran War area, both the Star Kingdom of Manticore and the Talbott Quadrant constituted a single Federal state with a common Monarch, Parliament, foreign policy, commercial entity, and naval forces
- ↑ Yorik was not nearly as critical as other Alliance systems. (HH3)
- ↑ As the Alliance Space - HH3. Refered as inhabited world in 1433 PD - MA1.
- ↑ member of the Alliance from the beginning of the war (HH9-HH11), but not earlier, than Havenite StateSec presence during Silvestria affairs was revealed. (HHA2:DLS)
- ↑ The People's Republic of Haven supported at least one subversive group in the Alliance space
- ↑ Prime Minister High Ridge redered plural treaties in HH9, one of tem could be the treaty of alliance between the Star Kingdom of Manticore and the Grayson Protectorate
- ↑ There were also some details concerning bilateral military and economic agreement between Manticore and Grayson in 1903 PD (HH3), as well as similar details concerning Sidemore (HH10). It is possible Hauptman Cartel based its yard investitions in the Zanzaibar and Alizon System on similar agreements.
- ↑ Zanzibar and Alizon mentioned in HH11 - the treaty of alliance specifically assigned command authority concerned with Zanzibar system defense to the Zanzibaran System Navy
- ↑ Article XII, Section 7, paragraph (c)
- ↑ Probably as well as from its Erewhonese counterpart in case of the Erewhon Junction, according to Article V of the Treaty of Alliance between Mantcore and Grayson.
- ↑ When the Republic of Erewhon was the member of the Alliance, it had the official primary responsibility for the Hennessy Terminus.
- ↑ eg. the Poicters System (HH3)
- ↑ the only known exception being light forces of the Casca Navy, believed to have operated in the Micah System as screen for the light RMN task force in 1911 PD
David Weber's posts on infodump: