The Home Fleet was considered a powerful force.
Shortly before the war, Fleet Admiral Sir James Webster took over as Home Fleet's commanding officer, flying his flag from the superdreadnought HMS Manticore. His second in command, and also commanding officer of Home Fleet's Task Force 4, was Admiral Hamish Alexander. (HH4)
First Havenite-Manticoran WarEdit
During the entire war, Home Fleet served both as the primary defense force for the Manticore System and as the Alliance's main strategic reserve force. Following the capture of Trevor's Star, many Home Fleet squadrons were reassigned to the frontlines, as the threat of a direct Havenite attack through the Manticore Wormhole Junction was averted. (HH5, HH6, HH7, HH8)
Second Havenite-Manticoran WarEdit
Home Fleet, as well as the rest of the RMN, was downsized following the truce between Haven and Manticore (HH10), but when war broke again between the two powers, it was once again put in a war footing. During the early stages of the new war, Admiral D'Orville resumed command of Home Fleet from his flagship HMS Invictus.
Most of Home Fleet, however, was wiped out at the Battle of Manticore by Admiral Lester Tourville's forces, and Admiral D'Orville perished onboard his flagship, but the force was reestablished following the battle with most of Eighth Fleet's squadrons and ships.
Known Commanding Officers Edit
The Commanding Officer of the Home Fleet was called "Commander in Chief Home Fleet". (HH4)
- Admiral of the Green Sebastian D'Orville (HH1 - HH2)
- Fleet Admiral James Webster (HH3-HH9)
- Fleet Admiral Sebastian D'Orville (HH11)
- acting Fleet Admiral Honor Alexander-Harrington (HH11)
- Fleet Admiral Allen Higgins (HH12)
- In 1905 PD, just before the war the Home Fleet comprised 16 superdrednought squadrons
- After the Battle of Manticore, the Eighth Fleet was reassigned as the Home Fleet. (HH11)