A graduate of Skanderbeg University, he spent a year as an RMN ensign. He was to be assigned to HMS Ajax as sixth lieutenant, but resigned from the Navy when he succeeded to the Earldom of Greatgap after his father and sister died in a boating accident. Soon after, Ajax was lost with all hands.
During his tour of the Alphane worlds in the Solarian League's Sector 12, Nessler learned that the RMN destroyer HMS L'Imperieuse had been assaulted by the People's Navy heavy cruiser PNS Rienzi in the Air System. Nessler managed to gain control of the Melungeon light cruiser Colonel Arabi, which was then re-christened HMS Ajax and crewed with the survivors from L'Imperieuse and Melungeon enlisted personnel, with Earl Greatgap commanding the ship. The presence of the Manticoran cruiser in the Air System caused a mutiny aboard PNS Rienzi, when her officers tried to engage Ajax. The officers were jettisoned, but managed to scuttle the ship. The enlisted crew abandoned ship, but were killed by its explosion.
Service Record Edit
- Ensign, an inactive reserve commission after he resigned
Post and duties Edit
- student at university - a naval academy not mentioned
- a year of service as junior officer in rank of Ensign
- designated junior officer on HMS Ajax (tiny)
- inactive member of the RMN Reserve
- Commanding Officer, HMS Ajax (Colonel Arabi) - during his private venture connected with peer's duties concerning defence of the realm
| Preceded by|
13th Earl of Greatgap
| Earl of Greatgap || Succeeded by|