Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Grantville's administration oversaw many constitutional changes for Manticore. These included the bloodless conquest/purchase of dozens of star systems in Manticore's share of the Silesian Confederacy, the incorporation of the Talbott Quadrant (though under a co-equal government based on Flax), the creation of the Star Empire of Manticore, the transfer of the power of the purse from the Lords to the Commons, and eventually the forging of the most powerful strategic partnership in history led by Manticore, Haven, Grayson and Beowulf.
The new government arose with overwhelming support in both houses of Parliament. The combination of High Ridge's disgrace and background events resulted in the utter collapse of the Manticore Conservative Association, severe blows to the Progressives and a fracturing of the Liberals, with many of the latter backing Grantville. Years of discord and instability at home ended. The government found itself able to make investments and weather crises which most of its predecessors, including the Cromarty regime, would've considered too politically damaging.
The government also proved effective at rooting out the culture of cronyism and influence peddling which had infested the Royal Manticoran Navy for most of its history. Streamlined organization and doctrinal emphasis on deploying concentrated state-of-the-art hardware under the best available leadership produced great dividends in battle. The RMN became practically unbeatable in a pitched battle by 1922 PD, though it suffered severe supply and logistical deficiencies after the Yawata Strike.
- Lord William MacLeish Alexander, Baron Grantville – Prime Minster
- Lady Francine Maurier, Countess Mourncreek – Chancellor of the Exchequer
- Sir Anthony Langtry – Foreign Secretary
- Sir Tyler Abercrombie – Home Secretary
- Lord Sir Llywelyn St. John – First Lord of Law
- Lord Hamish Alexander-Harrington, Earl of White Haven – First Lord of the Admiralty
- Lady Dame Melanie Howard, Countess Greenlake – Secretary of Education
- Dame Penelope Singh – Secretary of Bioscience
- Dame Karen Witherings – Secretary of Energy
- Bruce Wijenberg – Secretary of Trade
- Lady Dame Charlotte FitzCummings, Countess Maiden Hill – Minister of Industry
| Preceded by|
High Ridge government
| Cabinet |
of the Star Kingdom of Manticore
1920 PD –
| Succeeded by|