Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Around 1905 PD, Francis Mueller's class was among the oldest designs in the Alliance fleet. Although it was already obsolete, the ship was sent to the Protectorate of Grayson early in the First Havenite-Manticoran War; at the time it was one of the most powerful ships in the GSN, though, between the large number of converted Havenite superdreadnoughts captured at First and Second Yeltsin, and the new Grayson-built SDs and cruisers, it was soon once again in the position of an outmoded and under-armed relic.
Due to the GSN's fast expansion, there were a number of people who rose in rank beyond their level of competence. When that was realized, Grayson Command Central had these officers and crewmen shuffled off to Francis Mueller, where they were not much of a bother.
Back in the Yeltsin's Star System, the crew liked to entertain themselves by sliding "down" Axial One, a large cargo tube running down the spine of the ship, in potato sacks. Many crew members were injured in these games, including the captain, who fell in a coma after crashing into a bulkhead.
When the captain was in the infirmary, his Executive Officer, Greene, took command, willing to space half the crew for "slackness", until he was transferred to Blackbird Base on the order of Rear Admiral Judah Yanakov. (HHA4.3: ASNF)
Known Crewmembers Edit
- Captain Zemet – Commanding Officer
- Lieutenant Commander Greene – Executive Officer
- Lieutenant Wilson – Communication Officer
- Chief Warrant Officer Robert Kearns – Physician's assistant
- Chief Warrant Officer Sean Tyler – Sick Berth Attendant Third Class (former RMN)
- Petty Officer Kyle – Tactical branch
- Cooper – Engineering
- Ribart – Engineering
- Kopp – Senior Missile Technician
- Spaceman Kowalski – Fusion Two Technician
Other personnel Edit
- Chaplain Olds – Ship's Chaplain
- ↑ It seems that some GSN forces visited the Silesian Confederacy before the Protector's Own appeared there.
- ↑ It seems that the base, which was destroyed in 1903 PD, was reestablished.
- ↑ Unlike most short stories from the Honorverse anthologies, John Ringo's and Victor Mitchell's A Ship Named Francis is mostly a humorous parody of the Honorverse and should not be taken too seriously.