Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Erewhon Navy was the naval defense force of the Republic of Erewhon.
Erewhonese ships used the prefix ENS. (HH9)
The Erewhon Navy was responsible for two major areas of responsibility:
- the Erewhon System and the Erewhon Wormhole Junction's defense as well as surronding area security. (HHA4.6: TSotS, CS1) By the last half or third of the First Havenite-Manticoran War, Erewhonese ships of the wall had been almost entirely relegated to a system defense role in their home system. (infodump)
- the Hennesy Terminus of the Manticore Wormhole Junction's security during membership in the Manticoran Alliance. (infodump)
Due to its ships of the wall in the initial phase of the First Havenite-Manticoran War, the Erewhon Navy was the second strongest Allied navy. However, the Erewhon Navy didn't posses significant number of such ships, so the expanding Grayson Space Navy supplanted that status within the Manticoran Alliance by 1911 PD, when the Allied Eighth Fleet was organized. (HH7)
- Office of Research and Development - officers in charge as of 1921 PD: Greeley, Admiral Alexander Chapman (CS2)
- an Admiral appeared during Congo affair, Admiral McAvoy was mentioned later as person in charge (CS1, CS2)
- some officer candidates were students at the Royal Manticoran Naval Academy, when the Republic of Erewhon was member of the Manticoran Alliance (SI1)
- some officers probably were detached to Royal Manticoran Navy as liaison officers
- some personnel was detached to the Manticoran Alliance operations, including (HH7 - HH9):
- detached battle squadron crew - squadron-level staff and ca. 48.000 of personnel
- personnel comprising Zanzibar picket, caught during Operation Icarus
- Commander Trevor Haggerston, operations officer, Eighth Fleet staff
- Lieutenant Commander Anson Lethridge, astronavigation officer, CruRon 18 staff
Ship types Edit
- (pre-pod) superdreadnoughts and dreadnoughts, made by Technodyne Industries, refitted with Manticoran technology (HH8, HH11, infodump). According to the Honorverse Companion, shortly before Erewhon left the Manticoran Alliance they purchased a Squadron of King William class Superdreadnoughts, as well as "several" Anduril class Superdreadnoughts. ("House of Steel")
- cruisers - mostly bought from foreign suppliers:
- Erewhonese warships were never designed to handle the all-up MDM and didn't have the fusion-powered version of the new missiles. Because of those facts, Erewhonese MDMs were bigger and less capable than the current Manticoran version.
- The EN didn't upgrade its compensators at the same frantic rate that star nations whose fleets were going to be engaged on frequent operations did. Erewhonese inertial compensators were at least three generations behind Alliance technology deployed around 1918 PD. As such, the best technology the Republic of Erewhon was able to deliver as working models with supporting tech manuals to the Republic of Haven was probably equivalent to the Alliance's technology around 1914 PD. (infodump)
Post-war expansion Edit
Around 1920 PD, in cooperation with the Maya Sector's government, a buildup of pod-capable ships of the wall was planned, as well as the construction of light units. The officers in charge of this buildup were Admiral Alexander Chapman and Glenn Horton. (CS2)
- ↑ counterparts for Lieutenant Betty Gohr, RMN (CS1)
- ↑ numbers according to Nefarious Honorverse Ships List, see: external links
- ↑ enlisted crew had to be survived complemet of some ship or ships there, while there were no Erewhonese ships described in course of battle - according to infodump the Erewhon Navy provided manpower for the Alliance also
- ↑ eg. Liberty-class light cruisers were sold by the Solarian League to the People's Republic of Haven (Jayne's)
- ↑ including Edward Saganami B-class vessels (HHA4, CS2)