The Constitution of the Solarian League technically was the supreme law of the Solarian League, its foundation and source of the legal authority underlying its existence. Concerning balance of power it was a dead-letter act in fact. On the other hand it was amended 97 times in period until 1410 PD and 97th Amendment was executed five times until 1921 PD.
Article 5 Edit
System governments were sovereign. The federal government had no authority to dictate to system governments in time of peace. (HH13)
- In time of peace, the self-defense forces of the League’s member star systems were not subject to the federal authority. The territorial autonomy of member star system was absolute except in time of war.
- Member delegation residence on Terra possessed extraterritorial status.
Article 7 Edit
- The state of war should be resolved unanimously by the League Assembly.
97th Amendment Edit
- Prohibition of orbital bombardment of inhabited worlds.
- There were three main powers: executive, legislative (Assembly) and judiciary.
- The office of the president was symbolic. (HH13)
- There were no federal taxes. (HH13)
- Federal government was empowered to create a common currency (the Solarian credit). (infodump)
- Secession of a member system was allowed. (HH13)
- Until secession of Beowulf (1922 PD) that law wasn't executed.
- Protectorate wasn't a member system, so it couldn't decide to cease a protection.