Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Constitution of the Protectorate of Grayson was created after the Grayson Civil War by Protector Benjamin the Great, to make sure that there would never again be a period of unlawful government as the one Grayson had just survived.
The constitution created a number of regulations to transform and modernize Grayson society and government:
- An elected Conclave of Steaders that would share legislative power with the Conclave of Steadholders was created.
- A secular judiciary branch separate from the Sacristy of the Church of Humanity Unchained was established.
- A planetary Army and Space Navy under the personal command of the Protector was created.
- Steadholders were forbidden to arm and equip military forces other than their 50 personal armsmen under penalty of death.
- The Protectorship was transformed into a hereditary office which concentrated into itself the functions of head of state, head of government and commander-in-chief of the military.
Under the new constitution, Benjamin the Great replaced the patriarch's key of the Steadholders with a Bible and sword as the symbols of the Protectorate, symbolizing his God-given authority as Protector. (HH5, HH9)