Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
After being taken prisoner in the Montana System, Captain Duan Binyan of the Mesan slaver Marianne, informed Captain Aivars Terekhov of the secret military build-up in the Monica System. Terekhov ordered then to scout the system and proceeded to Monica with small improvised group of warships. (SI1)
- See also: Copenhagen
Order of Battle Edit
Ad hoc squadron/light task group composed of the Southern Patrol's units, CO Captain (SG) Aivars Terekhov:
- HMS Hexapuma (CA), CO Captain (SG) Aivars Terekhov
- HMS Warlock (CA), CO Captain Ito Anders (†)
- HMS Vigilant (CA) †, acting CO Lieutenant Commander Osborne Diamond
- HMS Gallant (CL) †, CO Commander Josepha Hewlett
- HMS Audacious (CL) †, CO Lieutenant Commander Benjamin Mavundia
- HMS Aegis (CL), CO Commander Herawati Lignos
- HMS Janissary (DD) †, CO Lieutenant Commander Maitland Naysmith
- HMS Javelin (DD) †, CO Lieutenant Commander Bruce Jeffers
- HMS Rondeau (DD) †, CO Lieutenant Commander Frank Hennessy
- HMS Aria (DD), CO Lieutenant Bianca Rossi
Senior officer present - Admiral Isidor Hegedusic:
- Eroica Station, controlling 120 deployed system defence missile pods with 960 missiles, CO Admiral Isidor Hegedusic
- First Battlecruiser Division, CO Commodore Janko Horster:
Course of battle Edit
Hexapuma, and the hastily assembled squadron its captain had arranged, arrived in Monica after Captain Terekhov's discovery of the Jessyk Combine's involvement in distributing weapons to insurrections in the Talbott Cluster and the central role Monica was playing in the scheme. Terekhov's immediate demand that Monica stand down its Navy pending determination of what was going on was rejected, leading to hostilities.
There were two phases during the actual battle, after the ultimatum to the Monican Admiral commanding was rejected:
- The attack on Eroica Station
- The combat with the Monican battlecruiser division
Even though HMS Hexapuma herself was badly damaged, Terekhov managed to keep the remaining Monican force from attacking by threatening to launch a nuclear bombardment on Eroica Station. Rear Admiral Augustus Khumalo's reinforcement force, led by HMS Hercules, arrived after seven days and forced Monica to surrender. (SI1, SI2)
RMN losses Edit
- 77% manpower casualties - 51% dead and 26% wounded
- 6 ships destroyed:
- damaged HMS Warlock constructive total loss due to age and repair cost
MSN losses Edit
- 3 active battlecruisers destroyed
- 9 inactive battlecruisers: 8 destroyed, 1 heavily damaged
- 5 heavy cruisers, 6 light cruisers, 15 destroyers, and all but six LACs - destroyed or heavily damaged
- 75% of manpower
- ↑ Likely junior grade, at least Anders was younger than Terekhov.
- ↑ Lieutenant Gainsworthy, third engineer, took over after his death.
- ↑ Built and delivered by Technodyne Industries.
- ↑ Two light cruisers, four destroyers and six LACs
- ↑ Two remaining undamaged vessels were later confiscated by the RMN