Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The First Battle Squadron was one of the first two Grayson battlesquadrons in history. It was created in 1907 PD on the basis of ex-Havenite DuQuesne-class prizes that were surrendered during the Third Battle of Yeltsin's Star. (HH5)
Commanding Oficers Edit
In 1907 members of BS 1 staff were:
- Captain Mercedes Brigham - chief of staff
- Commander Frederick Bagwell - operations officer
- Commander Allen Sewell - astrogator
- Lieutenant Commander Howard Brannigan - communications officer
- Lieutenant Commander Gregory Paxton - intelligence officer
- Lieutenant Commander Stephen Matthews - logistics officer
- Lieutenant Commander Abraham Jackson - staff chaplain
- Lieutenant Jared Sutton - flag lieutenant
Initial Phase Edit
When Admiral Honor Harrington assumed her Commanding Officer position non of the ships exercised as a complete squadron:
- Rear Admiral Brentworth drilled GNS Magnificent, GNS Courageous, and GNS Manticore's Gift as a single, oversized division for over two months,
- GNS Furious and GNS Glorious had only been operational for a couple of weeks, but they were shaping up,
- GNS Terrible only left the yard.
In 1907 PD the squadron comprised of 6 units, divided into three divisions:
- Batle Division 11 - commanding officer Rear Admiral Walter Brentworth, senior division CO
- Battle Division 12 - commanding officer Rear Admiral Trailman†
- Battle Division 13 - commanding officer Rear Admiral Judah Yanakov, the youngest division CO
It seems division flagships were commanded by their division commanding officers. It is not certain how BS 1 was reorganized after GNS Glorious loss.