Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- You may be looking for the novel On Basilisk Station.
Basilisk Station was a Royal Manticoran Navy duty station established after the Star Kingdom of Manticore's annexation of the Basilisk System in 1865 PD. The strategic role of that station was connected with the fact that a terminus of the Manticore Wormhole Junction was located in the system.
King Roger III planned for the Third Fleet to be established and based in the Basilisk System. However, the Act of Annexation limited the picket and no fixed fortifications were permitted. Since 1897 PD, Basilisk Station was treated as a sort of exile for commanders that were unofficially negatively assessed by the conservative Janacek Admiralty. (HH1)
RMN duties Edit
The Fleet was responsible for:
- supporting Basilisk Control in management of Junction through traffic, including customs inspections as required,
- inspection of all traffic with Medusa itself or with the planet's orbital facilities,
- supporting the Resident Commissioner and the Native Protection Agency police, for safeguarding all extraMedusan visitors to the planet, and for insuring the security of this system against all external threats.
Senior Officers and their forces Edit
- Captain (SG) Pavel Young 1899 - 1901 PD: HMS Warlock, HMS Implacable, HMS Fearless
- Commander Honor Harrington 1901 PD: HMS Fearless
- Admiral Stag, since 1901 PD: Task Force Basilisk
- Vice Admiral Silas Markham: Task Force Basilisk
Basilisk Station 1900-1901 PD Edit
With her tiny forces Commander Harrington, established:
- customs service - with:
- Medusa Control - CO Lieutenant (SG) Maxwell Stromboli
- sensor net around the planet
Planetary customs service and space control were executed in cooperation with Native Protection Agency. NPA provided three fleet pinnacles, two boarding shuttles, com officers, flight engineers, and ground-side maintenance personnel for customs duties. The Agency remained in charge with air control.
Task Force Basilisk Edit
- an orbital picket (a task group), CO Vice Admiral Silas Markham
- a battle squadron (SD)
- a battlecruiser element
- a terminus picket (a task group), CO Rear Admiral Hanaby
- a battle squadron (DN)
- a battlecruiser squadron
- First Battle of Basilisk
- Second Battle of Basilisk – Vice Admiral Markham's task group was destroyed