The Queen’s Own nicknamed the medal Spitting Kitty, because it featured the image of a snarling treecat. Crown Princess Adrienne's own treecat Dianchect was rumored to have been the model for the 'cat depicted on the medal. Eleven people won it before 1919 PD, nine of them posthumously, after they had died for the House of Winton.
Known recipients Edit
- Major Alistair Walsingham-Chatfield
- Lieutenant Ahmed Griggs †
- Platoon Sergeant Laura Hofschulte †
- Sergeant Christina Bulanchik †
- Corporal Darrin Howell †
- ↑ As a reference to that, situations of mortal danger were sometimes referred to as "Spitting Kitty time".